Machinist Apprentice | Tool Sorting & Production Setup | Day 14


Today (Friday) was a lot more focused on getting the endmills sorted and so there isn't much to write on.

Wayne ran his test operation with the finishing passes (see the last post), and they came out nicely, which means the issues he's been having with the VF 2ss is something related to the 5axis table and not the spindle. He had some surface finish issues with one of his 5axis parts and was trying to figure out where the problem originated.

I also got to set up a new clamp fixture for making small model rockets as a display/business card for potential clients. He had a unique bed he machined out just for this purpose, and so I got to set it all up in the machine. I forgot to take photos of it so I'll leave it up to your imagination